Summer is here in all it’s glory and what better and healthier way to quench the summer thirst and beat the heat than with iced-teas. Iced teas are super simple to make, extremely refreshing and delicious. Check out our round of 4 iced tea recipes using our blend of teas that you can make at home and enjoy summer!
1.Oolong Iced Tea
Oolong teas vary greatly from one tea to another. Many are noted for having sweet fruity flavors while others are roasted and can have nutty or grainy notes. This iced oolong tea recipe is a refreshing, semi-sweet drink that is very easy to make. While black tea is often preferred for iced tea, you might find that oolong tea is a better choice. This is particularly true if you want a healthier alternative to traditional sweet teas.
- 1 heaping teaspoon oolong tea leaves
- 1 cup water (heated to just below boiling)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup ice
- Pour the hot water over the tea leaves.
- Steep for 4 to 6 minutes and then remove the tea leaves.
- Add the honey and stir.
- Pour the tea over ice.
2.Rose Iced Tea
Rose Iced Tea is a great alternative to other sugary drinks that you can drink in summer to keep you hydrated, refreshed and energetic. Check out this simple recipe to make this refreshing ice tea at home.
- 3 teaspoons of Rose In Bloom Tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon rose water
- Brew the tea leaves in boiling water for five minutes.
- Strain the tea and stir in the honey.
- Chill the mixture for about three hours.
- Pour over the ice, add rose water, stir and serve, adding more ice if needed.
3.Thai Iced Tea
An easy, delicious iced tea recipe is extremely refreshing on a warm day. Various types of black tea can be used in this recipe for iced tea, from nilgiris bop or even English Breakfast. Thai iced tea can be served with or without some kind of milk added—usually evaporated milk is used in Thailand. For vegans, coconut milk works well. Check out this super easy iced tea recipe that you’ll fall in love with.
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tea bags (black such as Nilgiris Bop or English Breakfast Tea)
- 1 fresh lime (or lemon squeezed for juice)
- 1 to 2 cloves (whole or 1 green cardamom pod smashed, or 1 star anise, or 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon or allspice)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar (white, to taste)
- Garnish: a good shake of salt
- Optional: half-and-half
- Optional: Carnation milk
- Optional: coconut cereal milk
- Garnish: ice cubes
- Gather the ingredients.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pot. Add the loose tea or tea bags. Stir and boil at least 5 to 6 minutes while adding the other ingredients.
- Squeeze in the lime or lemon juice and add the salt, plus the spice of your choice. Continue boiling for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, starting with 1/4 cup. Stir to dissolve. Taste test for sweetness, adding more sugar (1 to 2 tablespoons at a time) until your desired sweetness level is reached.
- If using loose tea, strain as you transfer tea into a jug. Refrigerate until cold.
- Pour out into glasses. If adding milk, fill between 2/3 and 3/4 of the glass with tea and top up with milk, cream, or coconut milk.
4.Cucumber Mint Green Tea
Cool as could be, this drink highlights the flavor of green tea with the double cooling action of peppermint and cucumber. This fresh-tasting, super-hydrating combo puts the chill on from the inside out. We recommend green tea as a base for its fresh, clean, green taste that pairs perfectly with cool cucumber and mint.
- 8 cups green tea
- 1/2 cup cucumber (peeled, seeded, pureed)
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (muddled, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (fresh, or lemon juice)
- Garnish: sliced cucumbers
- Optional: simple syrup or another tea sweetener (to taste)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients except ice and sliced cucumber in a large pitcher or bowl.
- Cover the pitcher or bowl and chill the mixture for several hours.
- When the mixture is well chilled, strain the mint and cucumber if you like.
- Add ice to each glass and garnish the rim with sliced cucumbers (and mint if desired). Cucumber also looks nice in the glass, not just on the rim.
- Serve and enjoy!
Do try these iced teas and enjoy summer while being hydrated and in a healthy way with Sublime House Of Tea.